The marid are genies of the Elemental Plane of Water, as difficult to control as the ocean itself. They enjoy hunting for sport, gathering pearls, and capsizing mortal ships. While generally the strongest of the major genies, they often care little for the rivalries and wars of the rest of genie-kind, only interfering with other domains in occasional raids to remind the dao and efreet of their strength.
- Ability Adjustments: +10 Strength, +8 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, +6 Intelligence, +4 Wisdom, +6 Charisma
- Darkvision: Marid can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Natural Armor: Marid receive a +8 bonus to natural armor. This does not stack with bonuses from items or spells.
- Partial Immunity to Cold: Marid take 50% reduced damage from cold.
- Partial Vulnerability to Fire: Marid take 25% increased damage from fire.
- Spell-Like Abilities: Marid may cast Enlarge Self, Reduce Self, Shrouding Fog, and Liquid form at will, and Invisibility and Mass Drown once per day as spell-like abilities (caster level equal to character level, save DC of 10+½ characer level+CHA bonus).
- Water Mastery: Marid are immune to Drown, Mass Drown, Swamp Lung, or any effects that replicate those spells.
- Spell Resistance: Marid have Spell Resistance 11+Character Level.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer
- Level Adjustment: +9