Lupinal are wolf-like humanoids, occasionally confused with wolfweres and werewolves. The Lupinal though are distinctly different in attitude though, as well as appearance. Their features are strongly akin to that of a wolf, with teeth made for tearing meat, a strong wolf-like nose, strangely colored eyes, and a fur ranging from dark brown to soft gray or white, covering their entire body. They are heavily muscled with broad shoulders, but cautious in their movement, as if they always moved in through the forest. Their ears stick up from the top sides of their head, like a wolves, with tufts of hair that sprout about them. Lupinal have clawed hands with thick, hairy fingers, and clawed feet. Their voice is deep and throaty, but can easily speak the other humanoid tongues. Perhaps one attribute that sets the Lupinal out from Lycanthropes and Wolfweres is the Lupinal have no tail. Most of the time this goes unnoticed until it is too late and the confusion has already lead to melee. Many Lupinal have taken to wearing clothing. Typically loose clothes colored with forest greens and browns, or colored to match their natural fur. Often this includes a hood to hide most of their appearance when traveling through other humanoids lands. Lupinal rarely wear shoes or gloves, finding them very uncomfortable due to their claws. Many senior Lupinal will braid gems and other tokens into their hair. Lupinal typically stand five to six and a half feet tall, with females standing slightly taller.
Lupinal are slow to judge and quick to forgive those who they adopt as part of their family. They are a kind race, but are also vicious and dangerous warriors. Lupinal value their heritage, the art of storytelling, the art of the hunt, and friendship above all. They are a close knit race and make the most loyal of companions once their trust has been earned.
Please note that the natural alignment of a Lupinals is Neutral Good. Lupinal characters may be no more than one step away from the natural alignment of their race.
- Ability Adjustments: +6 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom
- Darkvision: Lupinals can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Damage Reduction: Lupinals have Damage Reduction 5/evil.
- Immunities: Lupinals are not harmed by electricity and are immune to paralysis.
- Elemental Resistances: Lupinals have Resistance 10 to Cold and Sonic.
- Bonus Feat: Scent
- Bonus Skills: +2 Hide, Move Silently and Survival.
- Dodge Arrows: Lupinals have 20% concealment against missiles.
- Spell-Like Abilities: Dominate Animal and Howl at will.
- Spell Resistance: Lupinals have Spell Resistance 11+Character Level.
- Favored Class: Ranger.
- Level Adjustment: +5.