Hill giants are selfish, cunning brutes who survive through hunting and raiding. Reckless brutes of incredible strength but little wit, hill giant characters are never truly accepted into society.
- Ability Adjustments: +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, -1 Charisma.
- Low-Light Vision: Hill giants can see in the dark up to 30 feet.
- Natural Armor: Hill giants receive a +2 stacking bonus to natural armor.
- Hill giants are automatically proficient with simple weapons, light armor, and shields.
- Large: Hill giants are massive and classed as large creatures. This means they can wield weapons in one hand that other races would require two hands to use, but they cannot wield small weapons as their fingers are too large to grip them properly.
- Level Adjustment +3: Hill Giants are more powerful and gain levels more slowly than other races. It will take more experience for a Hill Giant to reach level 2 than it would for normal races, for example.
- Favored Class: Barbarian. A multiclass Hill Giant's Barbarian class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
As a Hill Giant, you may take levels in the Hill Giant racial prestige class.
Note: only male models are available for this race.