The same wild frontiers that produce half-orcs from unions between tribes of human and orc barbarians are where one most often finds half-ogres. They love simple pleasures such as feasting, drinking, boasting, wrestling, drumming, and wild dancing.
- Ability Adjustments: +3 Strength, +1 Constitution, -1 Intelligence, -1 Charisma.
- Darkvision: Half-ogres can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Natural Armor: Half-ogres receive a +1 (stacking) bonus to natural armor.
- Long Gait: Half-ogres are able to take much larger strides than average humanoids; this results in a 10% movement speed bonus.
- Proficiencies: Half-ogres receive Armor Proficiency (Light, Medium), Weapon Proficiency (Simple), and Shield Proficiency as bonus feats.
- Large: Half-ogres are Large creatures and can wield larger weapons than Medium creatures and their unarmed attacks deal more damage. They suffer a -1 size penalty to attack rolls and AC, and a -4 size penalty to Hide rolls, but can lift and carry twice as much weight as a medium-sized creature of their Strength could.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +1. Half-ogres are more powerful and gain levels more slowly than other races. It will take more experience for a half-ogre to reach level 2 than it would for normal races, for example.
As a Half-Ogre, you may take levels in the Savage Marauder racial prestige class.