Of great size and physical strength, fire giants are the most military-minded of all evil giants and the most likely to use quality weapons and armor. Raised in a strict hierarchy of family and clan status, fire giants are used to taking orders and can fit in quite well with a group of adventurers once they have established their place in the pecking order. Fire giants can withstand ballista bolts and powerful fireballs without flinching, and the toughest ones have been known to singly take on dragons of their own size and live to tell about it.
- Ability Adjustments: +4 Strength, +2 Consititution.
- Low-Light Vision: Fire giants can see in the dark up to 30 feet.
- Natural Armor: Fire giants receive a +2 (stacking) bonus to natural armor.
- Partial Immunity to Fire: Fire giants are extremely resistant to fire.
- Large Size: Fire giants are Large creatures and can wield larger weapons, but cannot properly grip small weapons. They suffer a -1 penalty to AC.and attack rolls and receive a +4 bonus to grapple and knockdown rolls.
- Proficiencies: Fire Giants are proficient with simple and martial weapons, light and medium armor, and shields.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +3.
Fire Giants can take the Fire Giant Racial Prestige Class, a 7-level class which increases their ability bonuses, natural armor, and immunity
Note: only male models are available for this race.