Dao are genies of the Elemental Plane of Earth, having little sympathy for anyone but themselves and their profits. They strive for wealth as merchants and miners, lying, stealing, and killing as they require for greater places of power. Their empire is based upon one of the richest regions of gems and precious metals in the entire plane, and travels outside of this region are almost always motivated by a desire for material wealth.
- Ability Adjustments: +8 Strength, +10 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +4 Wisdom, +4 Charisma
- Darkvision: Dao can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Natural Armor: Dao receive a +8 bonus to their natural armor. This bonus does not stack with effects from items or spells.
- Immunity to Acid: Dao are not harmed by acid.
- Spell-Like Abilities: Dao may cast Enlarge Self and Reduce Self at will, and Invisibility once per day as spell-like abilities (caster level equal to character level).
- Earth Mastery: Dao are immune to petrification, earthquakes, and other earth-based magical effects. They are also immune to being knocked down.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer
- Level Adjustment: +8