Bugbears are massive, stronger than both goblins and hobgoblins. They are covered in fur and resemble hairy, feral goblins, surviving primarily through hunting weaker creatures.
- Ability Adjustments: +4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma.
- Darkvision: Bugbears can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Natural Armor: Bugbears receive a +2 bonus (stacking) to natural armor.
- Proficiencies: Bugbears gain Armor Proficiency (Light), Weapon Proficiency (Simple), and Shield Proficiency as bonus feats.
- Stealthy: Bugbears receive a +4 racial bonus to Move Silently checks.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: +2.