Natives of the Nine Hells, there are many different individual species of Baatezu. Some are nightmarish monstrosities, while others look much closer to humanoids in nature, and are far more likely to be found among the planes, either acting as messengers for more powerful masters or to further their own diabolical schemes.
- Ability Adjustments: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma.
- Darkvision: Baatezu can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Infernal Immunity: Baatezu are 25% immune to fire, and immune to poison. These immunities grow stronger for those Baatezu who advance in a racial prestige class.
- Elemental Resistance: Damage resistance to acid and cold of 10.
- Spell Resistance: Baatezu have Spell Resistance 11+Character Level.
- Blindsight: Baatezu can always sense invisible creatures, and suffer no penalty for fighting or acting in total darkness.
- Level Adjustment +3: Baatezu are more powerful and gain levels more slowly than other races. It will take more experience for a Baatezu to reach level 2 than it would for normal races, for example.
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass Baatezu suffers an XP penalty, his highest-level class does not count.