Amnizu are guardian devils that patrol the River Styx and generally police the various portals in and out of Baator. As the border patrol of the Nine Hells, they are among the Greater Baatezu most likely to be encountered travelling the planes. Amnizus are functionaries and politicians. They are famous for their intrigues and constant plotting. Jockeying for greater station in the hierarchy is their greatest pastime, and when not hunting fugitives, they move in the shadows of infernal cities, brokering secret deals with night hags to secure more souls, and therefore more power.
The amnizus have an inflated sense of self. All others are tools, useful as currency to purchase a greater position. So callous is their disregard for lesser devils that amnizus are often undone by those clever enough to pander to their enormous egos. Amnizus resent taking orders they resent being second in anything. Behind the facade of a toothy smile and bobbing head, an amnizu's mind works on how to eliminate its superior. It might maneuver and manipulate its rival in such a way as to discredit the rival in the eyes of its masters, though it's just as likely to employ an assassin to remove the adversary altogether.
Please note that the natural alignment of an Amnizu is Lawful Evil. Amnizu characters may be no more than one step away from the natural alignment of their race.
- Darkvision: Amnizu can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Natural Armor: Amnizu receive a +10 bonus to natural armor. This bonus does NOT stack with bonuses from spells or items.
- Immunity to Poison: Amnizu are not subject to poisons.
- Immunity to Fire: Amnizu are not harmed by fire.
- Regeneration: An Amnizu regenerates 2 hitpoints per round.
- Vulnerability to Acid: Amnizu take double damage from any acid source.
- Damage Reduction: Amnizu have Damage Reduction 10/alchemical silver.
- Spell Resistance: Amnizu have Spell Resistance 11+Character Level.
- Spell-Like Abilities: Once per minute, an Amnizu may make a melee touch attack that deals 2d6 negative energy damage. Any foe hit by this touch attack must make a Will save (DC 13 + Charisma Mod) or suffer 2d6 temporary Intelligence damage. Once per day, an Amnizu can throw a fireball with 1d6 damage/level up to 20d6.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer
- Level Adjustment: +4